During the installation of the latest DP 6.21 patches you may receive following error: WARNING: Before installing this patch, you must install the DPWINBDL_00621 patch. Cause: the included install.bat assumes that you installed DP into c:\program files\omniback.
A Non-Critical Patch Warning has been issued for DPWIN_00571:
DPWIN_00571 – windows xp OV DP6.20 Windows – Media Agent patch
The following information has been added to the patch documentation for DPWIN_00571:
Warn: 12/05/25 – This Non-Critical Warning has been issued by HP.
– DPWIN_00571 may fail to install when Data Protector v6.2 is installed in a non-default location that does not contain a space character in its path. The installation will fail with the following message even if patch DPWINBDL_00621 is installed: “WARNING: Before installing this patch, you must install the DPWINBDL_00621 patch.”
– Additional details on this behavior may be found in Change Request QCCR2A3822.
– To work around this behavior the following steps should be taken:
1. Extract DPWIN_00571.exe to a temporary folder (using 7-zip/WinRAR or similar tool)
2. From the extracted files, modify lines 4 through 8 of the Install.bat script as follows:
FOR /F “tokens=1,2” %%i in (%temp%\DP_Path.txt) do (
SET DP_PATH=%%i %%j
if exist “%DP_PATH%\b621_patch” (
set /p DP_PATH=< "%temp%\DP_Path.txt if exist "%DP_PATH%\*b621_patch" ( 3. Execute Install.bat - This behavior will be corrected in superseding patch DPWIN_00578 which is expected to be available by the end of June 2012.