On 2016/04/08 Hewlett Packard Enterprise released patch bundle 9.06 for Linux, HP-UX and Windows, it includes important changes and new features. For a complete list, please refer to the patch description.
Some new features:
- VMware GRE Agent in cluster environments
- Support for 3PAR InForm OS version 3.2.2 and updated SMI-S agent
- Improved total data protection calculation
- Support for Storage Optimizer 5.2
- Introduction of Telemetry (collect additional information regarding host OS, DP components and versions, devices and media, schedules, and licenses
- Support for VDDK 6.0.2 and SAN transport mode
It is strongly recommended to read the full description of the bundle.
If you own a valid support contract you can download the patches from https://softwaresupport.hpe.com. For login you need the HPE Passport account.
Did you know? When you received a hotfix for a previous Data Protector (minor) version, you should make sure the hotfix is included in the patch bundle before applying the patch bundle. This is recommended for customers which may have received the hotfix right before the release of the patch bundle. If your hotfix is not included in the patch bundle open a software case and ask for assistance.