The Patch Bundle A.10.01 (Build 307) for Data Protector 10 has been released on September 28, 2017.
This first cumulative patch can be installed on top of A.10.00.
It is recommended to install it on all Installation Servers (IS) and the Cell Managers (CM). Then push the new packages from the IS to all Data Protector client systems to get the latest fixes into effect.
This patch can also be installed locally on Windows Data Protector client systems. In this case only components that were locally installed on the client will be updated. Linux and UNIX clients still require an Installation Server while updated packages can be extracted from the Linux or UNIX Installation server manually.
You can download the Patch Bundle from https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com after logging in using a Software Passport account. Please remember that a valid Support Contract (SAID) must be associated with your account to be able to access the provided link of the release notes below.
To avoid any installation issues make sure to read the release notes carefully and make sure to take notes of any hot fixes installation not being part of the patch.
|Windows||DPWINBDL_01001.exe||104||Data Protector 10.01 for Windows|
|Linux/64||DPLNXBDL_01001.tar||93||Data Protector 10.01 for Linux/64|
|HP-UX/IA||DPUXBDL_01001.tar||93||Data Protector 10.01 for HP-UX/IA|
- Improved Network multihoming support
- VMware 6.5 Update 1 and VMFS 6 support
- VEPA backup host support on RHEL 7.x
- SQL Availability Groups support in SharePoint 2013 Granular Recovery Extension (GRE)
- SQL Server 2014 in SharePoint 2013 Granular Recovery Extension (GRE)
- SAP archive backup sessions successful
- New global option SessSuccessfulWhenNoSapArchiveLogsBackedUp to control SAP Archive log backup behavior if no archive logs have been backed up
- Oracle 12c SYSBACKUP privilege support for backup/recovery operations
- Older Oracle versions will continue with the SYSDBA permissions
- Oracle ZDB support with SLEHA Cluster on P9500 XP and 3PAR
- Automatic removal of failed object versions in successfully completed resumed sessions
- omnidbutil -delete_obsolete_resumed_versions command added
- ZDB support on NetApp in Cluster Mode
- Source-side gateway support for MSSQL integration
- DDBoost 3.4 library version to support EMC DDOS 6.1
- Automatic VMware Granular Recovery Extension (GRE) plug-in reinstallation during upgrade
- Consolidated scheduler enhancements
- Monthly view in addition to daily view
- Free text search in Daily view
- Filtering options
- Performance improvements
- Direct I/O support on Linux and AIX operating systems (OB2VXDIRECT)
- New omnirc options OB2ODIRECT_BACKUP, OB2ODIRECT_RESTORE and OB2ODIRECT_RESTORE_MINIMUM_SIZE are available