Data Protector A.10.03 (Build 181) has been released on March 30, 2018.
While you might expect a Patch Bundle, Micro Focus decided to simplify the upgrade and installation by delivering a full build. Data Protector 10.03 does not require any previous version to install the latest version of Data Protector in a new environment, you can as well upgrade directly from Data Protector 8.1x. 9.0x, 10.0x to version 10.03 – there is no need to install Data Protector 10.0x as upgrade step.
Data Protector 10.03 is a fully featured Media Kit and therefore currently not available in the Software Support Online (SSO) Portal for download.
You can download it from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal after logging in using a Micro Focus Software Passport account. Please remember that a valid Support Contract (SAID) must be associated with your account.
To avoid any installation issues make sure to read the release notes carefully and make sure to take notes of any hot fixes installation not being part of the new version.
- Full re-branding, Data Protector has been updated to the Micro Focus name and theme
- Scheduler Enhancements
- An one-time maintenance job can now be created, edited, and deleted using the Scheduler
- Schedules can now disabled or enabled through the Scheduler
- Holidays are now visible in the month and day view
- ‘omnidbutil‘ has now an option to create, modify, list, export, import, and delete schedules using the CLI
- User management
- Web Access (for the new UI) will be provided to all User. Within an upgrade the existing users will be migrated to have web access
- Users can use their web username and password with REST APIs
- Users and groups operations like add, modify, delete, and list can be performed through GUI and CLI commands
- Resetting or clearing password can be done through GUI and CLI commands (this can be done only by a user with DP Admin privileges)’omnisetup.sh’ improvements
- ‘omnisetup.sh’ improvements
- You can install/upgrade the latest release or patch bundle on Cell Manager, Installation Server, or locally on UNIX clients
- Extract and install specific component packets from release and patch bundles
- INET port
- Specify the INET port during the installation (UNIX only) or update locally using the command ‘omnicc -update_local_port ‘
- Amazon S3
- Amazon S3 (API compatible) is supported as a new Backup to Disk (B2D) device
- NDMP Backup
- 3-way backup and restore for NetApp systems to/from StoreOnce Catalyst and File Library devices
- New Customer Information Portal at https://docs.microfocus.com/?DP is available (no login required), it contains the latest documentation at any given time and allows to generate PDF files for offline usage
- The local PDF documentation has been removed from the installation media