The Patch Bundle A.10.04 (Build 182) for Data Protector 10 has been released on May 22, 2018.
Data Protector A.10.03 was released as a full install therefore the cumulative patch 10.04 can only be installed on top of A.10.03. A direct upgrade from A.10.00, A.10.01 or A.10.02 is not possible!
It is recommended to install it on all Installation Servers (IS) and the Cell Managers (CM). Then push the new packages from the IS to all Data Protector client systems to get the latest fixes into effect.
This patch can also be installed locally on Windows Data Protector client systems. In this case only components that were locally installed on the client will be updated. Linux and UNIX clients still require an Installation Server while updated packages can be extracted from the Linux or UNIX Installation server manually.
You can download the Patch Bundle from https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com after logging in using a Software Passport account. Please remember that a valid Support Contract (SAID) must be associated with your account to be able to access the provided link of the release notes below.
To avoid any installation issues make sure to read the release notes carefully and make sure to take notes of any hot fixes installation not being part of the patch.
|Data Protector 10.04 for Windows
|Data Protector 10.04 for Linux/64
|Data Protector 10.04 for HP-UX/IA
- Disk Agent support on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on IBM Power Systems support
- Data Protector client push installation by non-root user
- User must be able to run sudo with or without a password
- 3-way NDMP backup from EMC Isilon and VNX to StoreOnce Catalyst and File Library devices
- Operation Orchestration integration
- Scheduler enhancements
- Enhanced Day view interface.
- Improved Maintenance Job functionality.
- User management—LDAP groups for Active Directory
- omniusers command includes a new option ldap_config.
- VMware GRE enhancements
- No need to re-authenticate during a user session when working with different VMs
- Able to select mount proxy when connecting to vCenter GRE plugin